You can download the Mac OS X binaries from openCollabNet.
Below is an overview of the repository contents associated with building the Mac OS X Universal Subversion binary:
instructions.txt: These are the notes and instructions I used to build the Universal Subversion binary.
change_install_names.sh : This script is used to change the install name of shared libraries and also to update the references to the shared libraries in both shared libraries and the executables. (This is required so you can install Subversion and it's dependencies on your computer then package it up to be installed in the standard location via the installer.)
Subversion-Universal-Installer : This is the directory structure that contains all files used to create the pkg installer for the Universal Subversion binary. Below are the contents with description:
- Extras: This contains all scripts used for the installer.
- English.lproj: Directory containing message files for the English language.
- InstallationCheck: File that does pre-installation environment validation.
- preflight: Script that does some pre-installation work like backing up a previous Subversion installation.
- postflight: Script that does some post-installation work like symlinking the JavaHL library.
- License.rtf: This is the file that has the "License" that is displayed during the installation process.
- ReadMe.rtf: This is the file that has the "Read Me" information that is displayed during the installation process.
- Subversion-Universal.pmproj: This is the PackageMaker project. (This project references the other resources relatively.)
- Welcome.rtf: This is the file that has the "Welcome" information that is displayed during the installation process.
- subversion_logo.tiff: This is the image that is used as the background of the installer.
What Is Currently Available
The following are the main features of the Universal Subversion Binary:
- Latest Subversion: The binary is built against the latest release of Subversion. (1.5.2)
- Universal Application: This single binary runs on both PowerPC and Intel based Macs, 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Subversion Apache Modules: The Subversion Apache modules are included in the binary. (2.2.x)
- Subversion Bindings: The Java, Perl, Python and Ruby Subversion bindings are included in the binary.
If you are interested in contributing, send us an email
Contributors to this project
if you'd like to join Mac OS X Subversion binaries and bindings project.